About Dr. Sims
Innovative entomologist with more than thirty years of experience managing the discovery, research, and development of genetically engineered crop plants and conventional pesticide products. Specific experience and skills in the following areas:
▪ Project management
▪ New product discovery
▪ Technology assessment
▪ GLP studies
▪ Experimental design
▪ Data analysis
▪ Resistance management
▪ Patent development
▪ Communication (oral & written)
▪ Insect behavior
▪ Lab and field research
▪ Natural products
▪ Insect baits
Ph.D., University of California, Davis, California, March 1978 (Entomology).
B.S., University of California, Davis, California, June 1971 (Entomology).
AWARDS AND HONORS
1. Graduated with Honors (Entomology), June 1971, University of California, Davis.
2. UCD Graduate Fellowship for 1973-4, University of California, Davis.
3. E. J. Wickson Memorial Scholar in Entomology for 1974-5, University of California, Davis.
4. Agriculture Fellowship for 1975-6, University of California, Davis.
5. H. A. Jastro Research Grant, 1975-6 and Scholar, 1976-7, University of California, Davis.
6. Elected Associate Member of Sigma Xi, May 1975.
7. Intercampus Research Grant Recipient, 1973-4 and 1974-5, University of California, Davis.
8. Elected full member of Sigma Xi, April 1979.
9. World Technical Excellence Award, Monsanto, 1992.
10. Achievement Award, Monsanto, 1995.
11. Innovation Award, BASF, 2011
12. Affiliate Professor of Entomology, Auburn University, Auburn, Alabama. January 2013.
13. NCB-Entomological Society of America Recognition Award in Urban Entomology, June 2013
Download Complete Curriculum Vitae